The SmartRoom Project

I have a question for you, do you live in a dorm or with your parents and need help to find SmartHome accessories for your room? Then you are in the right place!
My goal is to find wireless accessories and cheap/cool tech for your living arrangement.

Hub

In order to control all of these things in one place we need a hub to control all of the tech in your room. The hub that I choose was the Wink Hub 1st generation. The reason why I choose this hub is because the amount of money it costs and how many products support it. This hub costs only $50 off of Amazon and if you want a that latest hub it costs $100 but I think that the 1st generation works just fine.

Lighting

This one you might think is expensive but it's actually not. What I recommend for someone trying to find cheap lighting is the Cree Connected Light Bulb which is $15 per light bulb. I like this lightbulb the most because it first of all works with the hub that I am using but it's also bright and dimable. I think it's probably the best smart light bulb you can buy.

If you want something more sophisticated I recommend the Philips Hue Light starter kit for $199. Inside the box includes 3 color changing light bulbs and hub to connect the lights to the internet. These light bulbs are also connect to the wink hub.

Voice Control

What I choose for cheap voice control, the Amazon Echo Dot for $50. This sucker is cheaper then the original Echo but still has the same functionality as the original. What I do recommend for this product if you want to listen to music on it is to get a Bluetooth speaker with it. The speaker is not that powerful as the original Amazon Echo.

If you have a TV and want to combine Alexa with it, get the Amazon Fire TV Stick w/ Alexa for $40. It's cheaper then the Echo Dot but has a powerful speaker thanks to your TV. The catch is you have to use the included remote to use your voice when you want to use Alexa, but with the remote you can also control your TV.

Comments

Popular Posts