Samsung Pay Review

Recently my bank finally sent me my new card with the EMV chip, I was excited about this because it meant a secure transaction but when I tried it for the first time my excitement died down. It took about 15 seconds for the process to go through and I couldn't take my card out of the machine, after that, I changed the way that I payed for my items. Lucky for me, I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 as my daily driver so I set up Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay uses a technology called MST, or Magnetic Secure Transmission, which they acquired from Loop Pay back from 2014. MST sends a signal to where you normally slide your card, that's where Samsung Pay have a better advantage then Apple and Android Pay. Samsung Pay also uses NFC technology just like Apple and Android Pay.
The first time I used Samsung was my local grocery store to pick some lunch. I grabbed my things and headed to the self-checkout line, just in case it didn't work so I don't embarrass myself. I scanned my items, swipe up from the lock screen, scanned my finger and held my phone where I normally swipe my card. When I heard the beep from the reader I was amazed, I took the receipt, grabbed my items and walked away. My second transaction with Samsung Pay was at my local QuickTrip and again! They scanned my items, I held my phone to the reader and the transaction went through! The last time I used Samsung Pay during my testing was to see if Samsung can replace my wallet, I added my gym membership card. Once I entered the gym I asked them to scan my phone and it instantly found me on their computer system.
I was amazed at how confident I felt the my phone can replace my wallet, well, almost. If not only Samsung Pay but other mobile payment services to add more loyalty programs and way to hold your driver's license.
If you guys have a Galaxy S or Galaxy Note device S6 and up and a supported card then I recommend setting up Samsung Pay.

Comments

Popular Posts