Using My Phone as my Wallet for One Month

America is currently going through a payment technology transition with mobile payments and EMV chips. I currently got my chip card and I'm having the same problem other people are having, transactions are taking a long time to process. I also had a problem with some transactions not going through the first time. After having these problems I decided to use my Android phone as my wallet for a month and, well, these are my results.

I decided to use multiple services to insure that I won't have to use my card everywhere I go. For tap to pay I decided to use Android Pay. Android Pay works just like Apple Pay, tap your phone to the terminal and the transaction goes through. 

Throughout the month I really liked Android Pay. Once I taped my phone to the terminal the transaction went through faster then swiping your card. I like that you can add multiple cards and memberships to the app to make your phone your wallet. I also like that you can view the transactions made on the specific card through the app so you can you don't have keep track of every receipt. With all of the positives of tap to pay there's also negatives. One of them being that mobile payments are not accepted everywhere, businesses are installing new terminals to support the EMV chips that also accept mobile payments that needs to be activated with a software update.

My conclusion, I'm going to continue to use my card until mobile payments are accepted in more stores.

Comments

Popular Posts