Review of the Nintendo Switch


The last few years have been rough for Nintendo, with the unsuccessful launch of the WiiU and the 3DS, consumers opted to go and buy from competitors like Sony and Microsoft for a more powerful gaming console. When the Nintendo Switch was released, Nintendo showed that it’s ready to compete with the other top two companies.


Nintendo decided to bring a new concept to its home console, portability. Nintendo calls these ways to play modes, TV mode, handheld mode and tabletop mode. In tabletop mode, Nintendo decided to add a kickstand to stand up the device but it’s nothing to be excited about, it’s very flimsy and you can only stand it up in one viewing angle.


The first time I picked up the JoyCons and used them I was very impressed. They were responsive and semi-comfortable to hold, I had to buy these JoyCon covers that added a little bit more support to them since I have bigger hands. When I was playing the Switch I was so comfortable thanks to the JoyCons, I opted out on the JoyCon grip and decided to just use one controller in each hand so I don’t have to hunch over like I normally do with other gaming controllers. If you do like playing with a traditional controller Nintendo also sales a Pro controler and 8BitDo controllers also work as well with the Switch.


I’m impressed with the Switch itself. It supports video playback up to 1080p but when it’s undock playback is in 720p, it’s the same with graphics. When I played a graphic intense game, I was impressed, it was able to handle the game well but I did experience some lag. Battery on the Switch varies, when I’m playing Breath of The Wild I get between three to four hours but when I play something like Ultimate Street Fighter I get around 4 to 5 hours.

I decided to review the launch a few months later when more games came out and I’m glad I did. I was able to see how the Switch was able to handle with different types of games undock and how these companies took advantage of the new way to play.

If you want to check out the Switch, Click here.




Comments

Popular Posts