What's Net Neutrality?

If you haven’t been paying attention to the news, social media, or wherever you find trending online topics, you might of heard of something called, Net Neutrality. What is Net Neutrality? Net Neutrality prohibits internet providers from slowing down or blocking certain websites from customers who are with that internet provider. If you still don’t understand, and you’re not the only one I had to find an example too, say you are with Comcast, they like Netflix but not Hulu, if you go to Netflix.com you can easily access it but if you go to Hulu.com the connection is going to be slow or you just can’t access it at all. Sounds horrible right?


Net Neutrality has been protecting us and keeping the internet free, but it might be going away in the US. That means that internet providers will be able to control what their customers see and what stays hidden.

Do I support Net Neutrality? In my opinion yes, just because I run a blog and write content for it and I want people to read the content that write, I enjoy doing this and I love it when people read it, I don’t want internet providers blocking my content from people. I also use the internet as my main way to communicate with people and to watch TV and movies.


Comments

Popular Posts